This package contains a set of miscellaneous utilities for Linux/Unix
that didn't quite fit anywhere else. Most of their functionality is
also provided by other (standard) Unix programs - one way or another.
Here's a selection of the included programs:
- Calculates CRC-16 and CRC-32 checksums.
- Calculates hamming error correction codes and corrects
- Converts tabs to spaces and vice versa.
- Evaluates floating point expressions.
- Compares two or more binary files.
- Does hex (or any other base) dumps. Can also convert these
dumps back to binary files.
- Converts end-of-line styles.
- Calculates MD5 checksums. Similar to but more flexible than md5sum.
- Calculates various message digests.
- A 'fork' for pipes. Allows a data stream to be processed by
multiple parallel pipes.
- Forwards TCP ports over a network
- Extends pipes over sockets
- Calculates SHA-1 checksums.
- Calculates SHA-256 checksums.
- A GNU compatible sleep that allows subsecond sleeps
- A file splitter that is more powerful than 'split'.
- Lists sorted directories.
- Records a data stream (e.g. a terminal session) along with
timing information for each character. The so recorded
streams can be played back in realtime.
Comments to: Hampa Hug
Last modified: 2009-11-28